Maradona, who most recently managed UAE second-division side Fujairah, will be taking over football operations.
Dinamo Brest are now at the eighth spot in the Belarusian Premier League, the team will take on BATE Borisov in the cup final on Saturday. Fujairah clinched a place in the top flight earlier this week by coming through a play-off with Hatta.
"Yes, Diego is with us!"
Argentina great Diego Maradona has been appointed as the chairman of Dynamo Brest on a three-year contract, the Belarusian Premier League team said on Wednesday. "Thank you for the confidence and for thinking of me". "Diego Maradona will be in charge of the team's strategic development and will interact with all its structural subdivisions, including the Junior Academy of the football club", the press service noted.
It is quite interesting that the football club was founded in the year when Diego Maradona was born.
They face BATE in the Belarusian Cup final on Sunday, where they will seek to defend the trophy they won a year ago.
The job begins after the summer's World Cup in Russian Federation, wpolityce.pl said.
- KKR keep their play-offs qualification hopes alive in IPL 2018
- Senate Committee Releases 2500 Pages About 2016 Trump Tower Meeting
- Suspect injured after armed confrontation with officer at Dixon High School
- Two Sherpas break Everest summit records
- Bills to retire Thurman Thomas' jersey number
- Chelsea target Mauricio Pochettino set for crunch Tottenham talks
- Palestine recalls ambassadors to 4 European states
- Iran nuclear deal: The EU's billion-dollar deals at risk
- Battlefield V Reveal Event to Take Place Next Week
- Chart: Tencent Sees Strong First-Quarter, WeChat Passes Milestone