This weekend's carefully planned wedding of Britain's Prince Harry to his fiancee Meghan Markle was mired in confusion on Tuesday after the father of the American actress told a celebrity news website he was no longer coming.
There are now doubts about whether Thomas Markle plans to attend Saturday's royal wedding between his daughter and Prince Harry. It followed a similar statement from Prince Harry at the beginning of his relationship with Meghan, in which he slammed the press for the "racial overtones" into the reporting of his relationship, and said at the time he'd never before encountered such a "degree of pressure, scrutiny and harassment" from the media.
On Monday, he reportedly said he won't attend his daughter's wedding after he posed for embarrassing photos in exchange for payment from a paparazzi agency, and he told TMZ that he suffered a heart attack.
Meghan Markle's half-sister Samantha has admitted it was her idea for her father to take part in staged paparazzi shots that have caused a scandal worldwide.
Although there is no firm rule as to who should walk a bride down the aisle, one person is highly unlikely: Prince Harry.
May 13 - Reports say Thomas Markle staged paparazzi photos.
In a weird intervention, Samantha said she had advised her father to co-operate with the photographer to show himself - and, strangely, the Royal Family - in a "positive" light.
Meghan Markle's dad, Thomas Markle, apparently wants to go to the royal wedding after all.
In fact, he won't be going to the wedding at all, telling TMZ him that he recently suffered a heart attack.
In her ITV interview Monday, Samantha Markle accused the media of taking advantage of Thomas Markle, noting that their father, who is 73 years old, is "a bit more fragile".
They all are set to be "special correspondents" on Good Morning Britain.
"He told me that he loves me very much and he's sorry about everything that's happening".
"The big man was showing me what to do with the tape, holding it across himself", Flores continued. "It's not an easy thing to do and I think his experience and rank would make her feel less nervous - as at least one of them would know what to do".
Mr Markle is a retired Emmy-award winning lighting director, who worked on shows such as General Hospital.
As the happy couple prepare for their high profile nuptials, royal super-fans are clamouring to learn everything they can about the May 19 wedding.
- Lancashire's Jos Buttler earns recall to Test squad
- Judge rules Mueller has authority to prosecute former Trump campaign chairman Manafort
- Keyless cars have a unsafe downside that has killed dozens of people
- Campaigners call on Spotify to ban more artists over 'hateful conduct'
- Kremlin calls SBU actions toward RIA News-Ukraine outrageous
- Bucks' Ownership Meeting With Mike Budenholzer, Ettore Messina
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Graduates fear telling employers about issues
- Matej Mohoric wins dramatic Stage 10 as Esteban Chaves implodes
- Mohamed Salah more hard to stop than Messi, says Rafael Benítez
- Iran Says US Exit From Deal Will Not Impact Its Oil