The press release is worded rather interesting, with the PR noting that Deep Silver has been "keeping an eye" on the announcements from their competitors and monitoring the release windows for when other FPS games will launch. Originally announced at E3 2017, many hoped that the game would be launching sometime this year, but that won't happen, and fans will instead have to wait until next year to get their hands on a game that aims to be bigger than 2033 and Last Light combined.
"Deep Silver and 4A Games would like to share some important information with you regarding the release date of Metro Exodus".
According to their execs they now have 54 projects in development, including new signings for inXile Entertainment's Wastelands 3 and The Bard's Tale 4.
The development of Metro Exodus is progressing well; we are all really excited by what we are seeing. They note that since this is the most ambitious Metro game in the series - and that they want it to be the best that it can be - they chose to move the release date back by a couple of quarters. We would also like to take this opportunity to confirm that at E3 in June we will be revealing some brand new gameplay from a never before seen game environment for you to enjoy. For the first time in the Metro series, Exodus will feature an open world. If you had to ask me for the one I was looking most forward to, it would be Metro: Exodus.
Metro Exodus is coming is due out for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2019.
- Piers Morgan tears apart Meghan Markle's half-sister in interview following dad's drama
- Parents of Stoneman Douglas shooting victims running for Broward School board
- TN 12th Result 2018 declared; Over 6750 Schools score 100% results
- West Bengal panchayat polls: Repoll in 573 booths today
- AI-powered Google News app now available on iOS App Store
- New UK East Coast rail franchise to be public-private partnership - minister
- Pittsburgh Pirates send White Sox to 12th loss in 14 games
- Next Volvo S60 won't offer diesel option
- United States government scraps cyber coordinator role in White House
- Thunderstorm, squalls likely in north India today