Nigeria have announced their 30-man provisional squad for the 2018 World Cup, which includes a player from the Premier Soccer League.
Enugu - Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper, Emmanuel Okala, has hailed Super Eagles' Technical Adviser, Coach Gernot Rohr, for the World Cup provisional list, saying it was "a good list, with promising players".
The absence of Ikeme on Rohr's 30-man provisional squad to Russian Federation 2018 means that the Eagles No 1 spot is now up for grabs between four goalkeepers - Francis Uzoho, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Dele Ajiboye and Daniel Akpeyi. But the players who brought us to the World Cup without any defeat are the first choice now.
According to him, the need for commendation stemmed from the fact that some Nigerians had anticipated that he would succumb to pressure from interest groups, but the list has proved them wrong.
A quintuple of Leon Balogun, Wilfred Ndidi, Etebo Oghenekaro, Joel Obi and Tyrone Ebuehi who are recuperating from injury also made the lists.
Chelsea wingback Moses was Nigeria's top scorer in the qualifying campaign with three goals, while Captain Mikel Obi, Iwobi, Simon and Iheanacho weighed in with two goals each.
On the new entrants and players from the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) in the list; Amaraizu said the number of NPFL players showed that the Nigerian leagues had grown. Mikel, Musa, Moses, Onazi and Omeruo were at the 2014 World Cup while Echiejile played at the 2010 edition in South Africa.
- Hue Jackson's jumping into Lake Erie because the Browns were 0-16
- Cardi B deletes Instagram account after beef with Azealia Banks
- Fortnite - How To Watch A Match Replay
- Twitter to demote tweets as it fights trolls
- Mike Ashley releases statement praising Rafa Benitez and making transfer promise
- Yaya Toure bids farewell to Manchester City fans in video
- ICSE, ISC results declared, 64 get more than 99 pc
- Police Facial Recognition Is An Authoritarian And Oppressive Surveillance Tool
- LG CNS Launches Its own blockchain platform 'Monachain'
- Teacher suspended over 'relationship' with boy, 17, is shot dead in driveway