After a challenging start at the NCAA Kissimmee (Fla.) Regional, Western Kentucky golfer Billy Tom Sargent settled in nicely Monday over the final 13 holes of his opening round. He shot 1-over-par on the front and back nines, finishing with three birdies on the day.
The host team from Texas A&M holds a one-stroke lead over second-place Clemson at 18-uncer par.
But he hit his stride from that point forward, recording two birdies with three bogeys across the rest of the day. The second round will begin at 11 AM with a shotgun start. The 16th-ranked Longhorns completed 36 holes at 544 (24 under par), while the Wolfpack have a tournament total of 552 (-16).
Sophomore Andrew Israelson shot an opening round even-par 72 and is tied for 27th, leading the Bison on day one. The Georgia native is tied for 18th individually.
Sophomore Sam Vincent shot a 2-under-par 70 to get to -6 for the regional, good enough for a tie for sixth place on the individual leaderboard.
INDIVIDUAL LEADERBOARD - Texas senior Doug Ghim's 66 was able to keep him in the lead, but only by one stroke as NC State's Benjamin Shipp made a big move with a 64 Tuesday. Augusta's Broc Everett, after carding a 66 Tuesday, is alone in third place at 133 (-9). "We've been putting it together with 2-under, 3-under rounds, but obviously those numbers are out there". The top-five teams in each of the six regionals qualify for the Division I championship in Stillwater, Okla. The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville fired a 5 over at the Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club while most of their rivals were shooting under par to fall eight spots into 10th place.
- HTC is launching a blockchain-powered phone
- Kremlin calls SBU actions toward RIA News-Ukraine outrageous
- Marcus Morris: Players On The Pacers And Raptors 'Can't Guard'
- Mohamed Salah more hard to stop than Messi, says Rafael Benítez
- Iran Says US Exit From Deal Will Not Impact Its Oil
- World prepares for U.S. sanctions on Iran
- Manchester City have chance to dominate Premier League, says Alan Shearer
- Stardew Valley Coming to PlayStation Vita Later this Month
- STALKER 2 is coming in 2021, apparently
- Matej Mohoric wins dramatic Stage 10 as Esteban Chaves implodes