Pennsylvania state senator and waste-hauling millionaire Scott Wagner is the victor of the Republican nomination to challenge Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf.
Wagner defeated first-time candidates Paul Mango and Laura Ellsworth, surviving weeks of Mango's sharp-elbowed attack ads that painted Wagner as sleazy and greedy. With 10 percent of precincts yet to report, Wagner had a margin of more than 50,000 votes.
Wolf, 63, the former owner of the Wolf Organization that is a distributor of lumber and building products, was uncontested for the Democratic nomination as he vies for a second four-year term. Scott Wagner for governor.
Scott Wagner may be the frontrunner in our poll, but he says he's acting like the underdog.
"Professional politicians and special interests should not be in charge of our future", he said. "He's more like the PR director of our state", Wagner added.
A month ahead of the election, Republican Party chairman Val DiGiorgio criticized Mango for running ads criticizing Wagner.
"I know what can be done and how to get it done for hard working people like you and me".
As early returns trickled in, he said he was confident that Wagner would prevail.
"The important part of grassroots campaigning is to meet the grassroots", said Longwell.
Both Wagner and Bartos topped the vote totals for their races in Centre County as well.
"I'm hoping to see the tide swing", said Karren Knowlton.
Wolf's polling numbers suggest he is in a comfortable spot to seek re-election, political scientists say, and he has worked to show that he can deftly operate the levers of government despite butting heads inside the state Capitol with huge Republican legislative majorities.
Wagner, like Mango and Ellsworth, going all across the Commonwealth Monday, not taking any vote for granted.
"We were the little engine that could", she said.
Casey, 58, who was unopposed for the Democratic nomination, has opposed Trump's Supreme Court pick, many of his highest-profile nominees and the GOP tax-cutting law while emerging as an ardent Trump critic.
- TN 12th Result 2018 declared; Over 6750 Schools score 100% results
- Pulling the Curtain Back on EAFE ESG Optimized Ishares MSCI ETF (ESGD)
- JR Smith Shoves Al Horford Mid-Air, Marcus Smarts Retaliates
- Scientists Claim Multiverse May Sustain Life
- Uddhav Thackeray dares BJP to fight polls with ballot
- Nikki Bella Reacts To John Cena's Emotional "Today Show" Interview From Yesterday
- Sonam Kapoor walks the Cannes 2018 red carpet in Nude trail gown
- Nokia X6 With All-Glass Design And A Notch Launched
- Navalny Gets 30 Days In Jail For Anti-Putin Protests
- Eden Hazard: I'll stay if Chelsea sign new stars