"We promise to use this time to improve the quality of Shenmue III".
However, nearly a year later to the date, Ys Net and publisher Deep Silver are back at it again, announcing another delay of Shenmue 3. It surpassed its initial goal easily and, with the help of Deep Silver, it's moving right along in development. "We can not thank you enough for your enduring support".
Both letters can be found over on Shenmue 3′s Kickstarter update page.
Deep Silver mentioned that the game will get further polish to the "high standards it deserves" and a better release timeframe. Instead, it simply says that Shenmue 3 needs a little more time in the oven, citing the need for additional polish. Shenmue 3 quickly met that crowdfunding goal, and in the years since then, new information about the game has been only sporadic. Even diehard fans might need a refresher by the time the third game comes out. It'll be interesting to see what Deep Silver and Suzuki and crew will cook up for gamers when 2019 rolls around. That original date would have put it shoulder-to-shoulder with mega-franchise sequels like Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2, so it's no major surprise that THQ Nordic would give it more room to breathe in the less-crowded early spring.
The development cycle for Shenmue 3 has been slow going, with the game originally set to launch at the end 2017.
- Your Body Clock is Associated With Mood Disorders
- With friends like Trump, who needs enemies?: EU's Tusk
- Battlefield V Reveal Event to Take Place Next Week
- Frances Bean Loses Kurt Cobain's Iconic 'MTV Unplugged' Guitar to Ex-Husband
- EPA chief to face fresh questions about spending in senate hearing
- No more Family Guy: James Murdoch to leave Fox after Disney deal
- AU vows efforts to mitigate new Ebola outbreak in DRC
- Man dies of 'projectile wound of the head' after vape pen explodes
- A Phony Vote on 'Net Neutrality'
- Here Are The Five Senators Who Voted Against Haspel