Media reports say the Grammy-winning artist, whose real name is Clifford Harris, lost his key and the guard wouldn't let him into the community.
In the midst of the confrontation, T.I. called a friend, Marquinarius Holmes, who arrived on the scene and joined in the debate between him and the security guard. Henry County police were then called to arrest the pair.
T.I. says his early morning arrest was completely B.S. and believes he got locked up by white police officers for being an affluent African-American celebrity. The rapper has since bonded out.
Mr Ireland said TI and a friend were arrested. He is now free after posting bail.
Update, 3:45 p.m. ET: T.I. has responded to reports of his arrest, telling the Blast that the incident was racially motivated and involved "white cops in a very white area".
In 2009, he was sentenced to one year and one day in prison and ordered to pay a $100,300 fine on weapons charges related to purchasing machine guns and silencers.
His attorney insists that he was wrongfully arrested after returning to the Eagle's Landing Country Club community around 4 a.m.
"Tip [aka "T.I.'] was wrongfully arrested early this morning when he attempted to gain entrance into his gated community - where his wife 'Tiny" and his family reside", the statement began.
Despite the headline-generating bust, Tip didn't spend much time in police custody or have to stand before a judge. He says he demanded the guard's name, but the guy refused.
Sadow said T.I. identified himself and sought entry, but the guard refused.
The statement continued, "Tip was in contact with "Tiny" by phone and "Tiny" confirmed that Tip should be let in immediately". Words were exchanged and apparently the guard and/or a supervisor called the police.
Sadow claims police did not want to hear from T.I.'s side and arrested his client.
- With friends like Trump, who needs enemies?: EU's Tusk
- Here Are The Five Senators Who Voted Against Haspel
- Italy's populists brush off European Union concerns about possible gov't
- Frances Bean Loses Kurt Cobain's Iconic 'MTV Unplugged' Guitar to Ex-Husband
- Man dies of 'projectile wound of the head' after vape pen explodes
- Iran nuclear deal: The EU's billion-dollar deals at risk
- EU and Iran 'make good start' on salvaging nuclear deal
- Nintendo registers domains for Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
- Bills to retire Thurman Thomas' jersey number
- AU vows efforts to mitigate new Ebola outbreak in DRC