Opposition parties may stall Parliament if the Congress and the JD (S) are not given a chance to form government in Karnataka, though morally the BJP must get the first opportunity, Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut said today.
Congress spokesperson Mohan Prakash questioned the BJP's issues with with the old-fashioned ballot system.
Raising serious concerns over the votes garnered by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Karnataka polls, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday challenged the BJP to hold elections with ballot papers instead of electronic voting machines (EVMs) to clear doubts. As votes for the Karnataka elections were counted and the BJP seemed set to emerge the single largest party, MNS chief Raj Thackeray agreed with Uddhav.
"The Election Commission should conduct elections through ballot papers to remove doubts". Earlier trends showed BJP taking the lead but with JD (S) joining hands with Congress, the saffron party won't be romping home. "The EC should think over this", Patil said. At that time, the election commission had rejected the charge. The by-election was necessitated due to the death of senior Congress leader and his father Patangrao Kadam.Mumbai: As many as 25 candidates are in the fray for the by-elections to Bhandara-Gondia and Palghar Lok Sabha constituencies in Maharashtra to be held on May 28.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) termed the BJP's performance in Karnataka as "unbelievable" and claimed that the results were not in sync with the situation on the ground.
Reacting to the allegations, BJP's media department chief and Rajya Sabha MP, Anil Baluni, said:"Why is it that whenever BJP wins, these forces suddenly remember the EVM theory? This itself exposes them and their hypocrisy".
- Nokia X6 With All-Glass Design And A Notch Launched
- Sonam Kapoor walks the Cannes 2018 red carpet in Nude trail gown
- Carrick moves straight into coaching role for Man Utd
- Ambassador recall is 'outrageous and displays gross double-standards'
- Ex-CIA employee identified as suspect in 'Vault 7' leaks
- Scientists Claim Multiverse May Sustain Life
- Gwyneth Paltrow bares baby bump in throwback snap
- Snap Inc. announces GDPR compliance, adherence to privacy by design principles
- World Cup Goal Hero Gotze Won't Repeat The Feat!
- Alfie Evans Funeral: Hundreds Of Mourners Line The Streets Of Liverpool