Smith missed his final 3-pointer with Marcus Smart pestering him closely, and his shove as Horford jumped under the rim came immediately after that.
"You take two hands to the back, it's a dirty shot", he said. Doing that to someone can cause serious injury and would likely spark a fight on nearly any basketball court in the country.
"That's a dirty shot", Smart said. In fairness to Smart, the replay showed he had every right to be upset.
"The hardest part is when you can't score and they keep scoring", he said.
It was then that the 18,000 fans in attendance may have made history when they unleashed an R-rated chant at Smith. "That's not the first time J.R. has done some dirty stuff, especially playing against us". "You keep letting a bully keep picking on you, he's going to pick on you until you finally stand up, and that's what I tried to do. One of my guys was down and I took offence to it".
Smith had an absolutely brutal game - zero points on 0-for-7 shooting in 27 minutes in what ended up being a loss to knock the Cavs down 0-2 in the series.
"I love it", Smith said.
Smith pushed an airborne Horford in the lane and drew a flagrant. I just wanted to make sure he didn't get it. It wasn't like I was trying to low bridge him or something. "I understand why they gave me a flag there".
Smith had a awful game, recording zero points while going 0-for-7. Smart had one of his best games as a Celtic in the process. That's what you call the polar opposite of Smart.
- Heitkamp to support Haspel for top Central Intelligence Agency job
- Everton sack Sam Allardyce as manager
- New UK East Coast rail franchise to be public-private partnership - minister
- Legislature interviews Underwood, others as potential successor to AG Schneiderman
- Kristen Stewart Wore The Prettiest Pearl Eyeliner At Cannes
- Top pharma lawyer resigns over payments to Cohen
- Paddy Power in talks with USA fantasy sports website FanDuel
- Jets head to Vegas tied 1-1 with Knights
- Verizon adopts AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- Stan Lee Sues POW! Entertainment for $1 Billion