Stating that BJP's win in Karnataka was unparalleled and unprecedented, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced that the BJP will not allow Karnataka's development journey to be trampled upon. Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) won most seats in Karnataka but fell short of a clear majority in the state of 60 million people, which includes the wealthy global IT hub of Bangalore.
In another development, Opposition parties are set to initiate legal steps against the SEC alleging that the death toll on the polling day had been at least 20.
After violence marred the Panchayat polls in West Bengal on Monday, repolling on Wednesday began amid tight security at the 568 booths from where the State Election commission (SEC), had received reports of violence. Bringing up the reference to the violence during the rural polls Modi said, "The entire country must have watched on television the way democracy was murdered during the panchayat election in Bengal".
The state's ruling Trinamool Congress, however, claimed that the people were able to exercise their democratic rights and said the situation was well handled barring a few isolated incidents.
"Ballot boxes were found in a pond. innocent party workers, not only of the BJP but of other parties too, were killed", he said.
"I don't want to blame anyone". If this was happening during Left Front rule, then the TMC government would never have come in Bengal and the chief minister would not have been the chief minister of Bengal said by the CPI (M) general secretary Yechury.
13 per cent votes were cast in the Panchayat polls. Without knowing the details, it does not reflect well for the PM to make such comments.
CPI-M workers were also killed in Nandigram in East Midnapore district. "The counting will take place tomorrow (on May 17)", the SEC officials said. Most of the murders and violence have been carried out by PM's own party. So, why is this fake news being spread?
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Piers Morgan tears apart Meghan Markle's half-sister in interview following dad's drama
- Emilia Clarke insists there's no pay gap problem on Game of Thrones
- Whole Foods sales items get even cheaper for Amazon Prime members
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Netflix to invest 85% spending on original content
- Eden Hazard: I'll stay if Chelsea sign new stars
- Thunderstorm, squalls likely in north India today
- Sonam Kapoor walks the Cannes 2018 red carpet in Nude trail gown
- Uddhav Thackeray dares BJP to fight polls with ballot