Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship.
Prince's family and friends are making contributions as well, with a video presentation featuring never-before-seen footage, courtesy of the estate.
Questlove has always been a huge Prince fan in addition to a walking musical encyclopedia, and now he's partnering with the late musical icon's estate to put together an orchestral tour of the Purple One's music.
The Roots drummer, music historian and avid Prince fan Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson helped curate the show's music and orchestral arrangements.
The show in St. Louis is part of an extensive 2018 tour will include shows in both the United States and Europe.
In other Prince news, a new collection of previously unreleased music from Prince's iconic vault with be released this fall.
- Turkish Banker Gets 32 Months in Prison Following Iranian-Sanctions Conviction
- Total poised to pull out of Iran's SP11 project without United States waiver
- Dublin-based fintech firm Circle raises $110m in funding round
- HOOPS HOAX: Man, 25, allegedly posed as teen to play basketball
- Ronaldo speaks on Neymar's transfer to Real Madrid
- Ramazan moon sighted in Pakistan, faithful to start fasts from Thursday
- Kim Kardashian Deletes Appetite Suppressant Instagram Ad After Backlash
- Harbor Freight Tools recalling over 1 million chainsaws
- Germany's Merkel defies Trump, defends Iran nuclear deal
- Kent State graduate's photo with AR-10 goes viral