June 1 will now see Harshvardhan's film clashing with sister Sonam Kapoor's Veeri Di Wedding.
The Vikramaditya Motwane-directed vigilante drama, which was scheduled to arrive in the cinema halls on June 25, has been preponed by three weeks, a release said.
A source claims, "The makers believe 1st June is a better date from a distributional point of view". It will now clash with Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor, Swara Bhasker and Shikha Talsania-starrer, Veere Di Wedding.
The film Bhavesh Joshi Superhero tells the tale of Harshvardhan emerging as the new superhero in town after incidents turn the life of a group of residents upside down. It has a greater audience potential and is a safe distance away from holdover Hindi and English releases.
The reason for the sudden change of the release date of the film is not known but many speculate that the reason behind this move is to avoid a clash at the box office with another movie. Veere Di Wedding and Bhavesh Joshi are as different from one another as any two films can be. June 1 was considered to have greater expectancy for larger footfall as there's a gap between big releases hitting screens in May and the selected date.
In 2018, we have seen a number of cases where the makers averted clash at the box office by shifting the release date.
- Liam Payne Reveals Album Release Date Ahead of GMA Performance
- Carrick earmarked to be Mourinho's assistant at Manchester United
- Trump Stokes California's Sanctuary Revolt
- The Crew 2 closed beta announced
- Name change is expected to be adopted 15 May 2018
- Rise in Ozone-Destroying Chemical Despite Ban Puzzles Scientists
- PRIMARY: Voter turn-out normal for primary election
- Key Market Mover: Turtle Beach Corp Cmn (HEAR)
- Metro health officials confirm E. coli case linked to lettuce
- Ford to Resume F-150, Super Duty Vehicle Production Within Days