Bharatiya Janata Party leaders showed confidence of forming government in Karnataka.
Chandrababu Naidu, chief minister, Andhra Pradesh.
Attacking the Congress he said, "The Congress used money and muscle power in Karnataka but it was rejected by people of the state". He asked the 1600-odd booths to resolve on Sunday that in 2019, "we will not only win both seats (Lok Sabha) but when the next State Assembly elections are held, then the NDA will win more than 35 out of 40 seats and the BJP flag is kept flying high". The leading party fell short of getting complete majority and Congress along with JDS is in plans to form the government in the state.
The chief minister further said that looking at the "unprecedented" poll triumphs of the BJP under Modi, it was clear that the prime minister had become the most people-friendly leader since Independence.
Tiwari added that according to the Supreme Court ruling, the governor must invite the party that has the majority either pre-poll or post-poll.
"The Karnataka election results are as per our expectations".
State BJP workers in Nagaland celebrated party's victory in the Karnataka assembly elections on Tuesday.
The voting pattern in regions dominated by Telugu people, like Hyderabad Karnataka, Bengaluru City, Bellary, Raichur, Chickballapur and Kolar seems to suggest the trend. Addressing the Party workers, Patton on behalf of the State BJP extended its congratulation to the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and National BJP President Amit Shah, said that it is a historic win for BJP. This was aimed at keeping Lingayat votes intact with the BJP.
Of the 46 constituencies where there are more than 50,000 Telugu voters in each, 32 have been won by the Congress, 9 by the JDS and 5 by the BJP.
- Ford to Resume F-150, Super Duty Vehicle Production Within Days
- Name change is expected to be adopted 15 May 2018
- Tata Steel reports Q4 net profit at Rs 14688 crore
- Durkan signs Seattle's head-tax ordinance into law
- Kellogg's latest United States brand to close door on Venezuela
- The Crew 2 closed beta announced
- PRIMARY: Voter turn-out normal for primary election
- 'Bhavesh Joshi Superhero' to hit screens late
- WWE 'Smackdown' Up for Grabs as NBCUniversal Moves to Pin Down 'Raw'
- Bail for mom of 10 tortured kids set at $495000