Pollock hurt his thumb trying to dive for a line drive in the outfield that ended up going for an inside the park home run. Pollock was being evaluated and will see a hand specialist on Tuesday.
Pollock potentially missing time would come at the worst point of the season for the D-backs to this point. Junior Guerra (3-3) allowed two runs and walked four, and the Brewers' bullpen finished up with three scoreless innings. Descalso scored when Steven Souza Jr. grounded into a double play.
The Brewers went ahead 5-2 in the ninth on Villar's second home run of the season, then tacked on two more with Saladino's sprint. They then managed just three hits against Chacin and three relievers, but starter Zack Greinke stifled Milwaukee over six innings and Arizona put together just enough offense to get by.
Corbin gave up six hits and four runs in six-plus innings, with eight strikeouts and one walk. But the Arizona Diamondbacks scratched out a run in the eighth and evened the three-game series with a 2-1 victory. Arcia doubled in both for a 2-0 lead.
Goldschmidt almost had his first home run since April 15, but his two-out fly ball to right landed in Lorenzo Cain's glove just in front of the fence to end the fifth inning. The Brewers are 7-2 in his starts this season, with five straight wins.
Jeff Mathis walked to open the eighth inning off Taylor Williams (0-1), and pinch runner Jarrod Dyson took second on a sacrifice bunt.
- BJP set for bigger mandate in 2019: Fadnavis on K'taka polls
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Star receives its WiFi certification
- US, Chinese officials try to head off trade war
- Durkan signs Seattle's head-tax ordinance into law
- Colchester Harbour Marina awarded Blue Flag
- STV Group (STVG) Insider George Watt Buys 6038 Shares
- Google announces YouTube Music and YouTube Premium
- Justin Thomas becomes World No.1
- Freeform Orders 'Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists'
- Kangaroo back home after being loose overnight in SC