However it seems that Google is introducing some changes to Gmail that will help to remind users to reply to emails by nudging them by highlighting emails that might need a response to. You can enable it by clicking the Settings menu on the top right side of Gmail and then select "Try New Mail" from the drop-down menu.
With offline mode enabled, users can read, respond, and search for e-mails even in the absence of an internet connection. The storage section will show how much space you are using for the offline mail on the computer. If that's the case (or you're simply somewhere with cruddy Wi-Fi), you can still gain some semblance of productivity with a new option in Gmail: offline mode. Once the necessary details are filled, all the users need to do is click on the Save Changes option at the bottom of the page.
Choose how many days to sync, and whether to keep or remove cached email when signing out of a Gmail account. Previously this feature was available for Chrome users as an add-on for the browser, but this naturally hinders performance like most add-ons.
On the Offline menu click Enable Offline Mail and you'll see a screen with several options on it (Figure C).
Before you go all-in on offline mode, there are a few limitations you should know about. Note that this is only available for the web version of Gmail and it is unclear if there are plans to bring a similar feature to mobile in the future.
For the terminally stupid, it's probably worth iterating that "offline" still means your emails won't send until you're back online. The security data allows the user to determine if you want to use the offline data from the computer or it should be deleted from there.
Disabling Gmail offline and deleting stored messages is a simple process.
Next, you'll be able to switch to offline mode and customize some of its settings.
On your computer, make sure you've downloaded Chrome.
- What do you hear: Yanny or Laurel?
- Putin says Russian warships permanently on duty in Mediterranean
- Omo-Agege appears at Senate plenary
- Ronaldo speaks on Neymar's transfer to Real Madrid
- Easy win for Hamilton in Spanish Grand Prix
- Bangladesh Supreme Court upholds bail for opposition leader Khaleda Zia
- IGP Idris plotting to implicate me - Bukola Saraki alleges
- Murphy Brown, Magnum PI, Young Sheldon, Big Bang Theory Return
- Harbor Freight Tools recalling over 1 million chainsaws
- Trio of Razorback Programs Earn APR National Recognition