The Dallas Morning News reports Sidney Bouvier Gilstrap-Portley was arrested Friday after authorities say he pretended to be 17-year-old "Rashun Richardson" and enrolled at two high schools-first Skyline in August, then Hillcrest in October, where he joined that school's basketball team and was voted District 11-5A's offensive player of the year.
After Gilstrap-Portley was exposed, a school board spokesperson said it will be reviewing its homeless student policies.
Gilstrap-Portley, who apparently had a moderately successful stint as a guard for Dallas Christian College's basketball team from 2013-2014, got his wish when he landed a starting role on Hillcrest's team.
The faux high school star faces a charge of tampering with government records, per the News. Because of that, he didn't have to show proof of any records.
Portley was a star for Hillcrest's team for the 2017-18 season.
We recently became aware of a student enrolled at our school under false pretenses claiming to be a displaced Hurricane Harvey victim.
According to the district, 17-year-old Rashaun Robinson is really 25-year-old Sidney Bouvier Gilstrap-Portley, who graduated from North Mesquite in 2011 - "when I was 7", my son said Tuesday night over dinner, when he was still insisting it wasn't that weird.
A 25-year-old man lived a double life as a teenager for nine months - just so he could play high-school basketball again. After learning about this situation, we immediately notified district and local authorities and necessary actions have been taken.
- Sporting CP condemn 'vandalism and aggression' after reports of players attacked
- Bills to retire Thurman Thomas' jersey number
- Chelsea target Mauricio Pochettino set for crunch Tottenham talks
- Meghan Markle's Dad Going Back to Hospital for Chest Pains
- KKR keep their play-offs qualification hopes alive in IPL 2018
- With friends like Trump, who needs enemies?: EU's Tusk
- Italy's populists brush off European Union concerns about possible gov't
- Chinese OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T Get Updated To Android 8.1 Oreo
- Missing Commonwealth athletes seek asylum in Sydney
- Macy's Takes Off In First Quarter, Profits Soar