The awards will be voted by a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada, while fans will get to vote for several awards as well.
But, Davis' competition for the MVP award is stiff.
Harden, who led the league in scoring, has twice been a runner-up for the award, including previous year when Russell Westbrook won.
In a season that was anything but normal for the Cavaliers, James elevated his game to an fantastic level.
With 27.5 points, 8.6 rebounds and 9.1 assists per game, James' numbers are especially impressive when one considers the circumstances the 2016 National Basketball Association champions have gone through this year with the trade of Kyrie Irving, injuries, a general manager change and the absence of head coach Tyronn Lue due to illness.
"I would vote for me", James said in March.
James had arguably the most complete offensive season of his 15-year career, averaging 27.5 points, 9.1 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game while shooting 54 percent from the field and 37 percent from 3 during a tumultuous season for the Cavs.
The three finalists for the individual awards were announced Wednesday.
The league will announce the winners on June 25th.
The other two finalists for MVP were Houston's James Harden and Cleveland's LeBron James, while the other finalists for Defensive Player of the Year were Philadelphia's Joel Embiid and Utah's Rudy Gobert.
- HBO Docuseries 'The Case Against Adnan Syed' to Center on 'Serial' Subject
- Trump Stokes California's Sanctuary Revolt
- Mo limits! Salah sets new Premier League scoring record
- US, Chinese officials try to head off trade war
- Colchester Harbour Marina awarded Blue Flag
- Justin Thomas becomes World No.1
- Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ABR), CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBAY)
- Freeform Orders 'Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists'
- Tata Steel reports Q4 net profit at Rs 14688 crore
- BJP set for bigger mandate in 2019: Fadnavis on K'taka polls