He said: "I found it very odd".
Although we love these two individually, we never thought they would cross paths except at the occasional Jingle Ball, and the former One Direction is making us think that a future duet could actually be a possibility.
Payne first auditioned for "The X-Factor" when he was 14 and then returned to the competition a few years later.
"There have been some tough times", he said.
His One Direction bandmates Harry Styles and Niall Horan have already released solo albums, with Styles hitting the number one spot past year, while Louis Tomlinson is also set to release his own album.
Chatting to KISS FM's Where's Your Head At?' campaign, Liam explained: "When the band started our break I struggled with the idea of becoming famous again, it scared the living daylights out of me".
The One Direction star performed on "Good Morning America" for their Summer Concert Series live from New York's Central Park on Tuesday, where he revealed the release date for his record. "I think he's doing fantastic, but I could hear the slightest bit of sorrow in a recent song he wrote, and I wanted to make sure he was all good".
After going solo, Payne released his first single in 2017.
"I just met him [Jay-Z] at Coachella a couple of weeks ago", J Balvin said.
He claimed, "I've got a good mix of attractive people on my album, which is amazing" and now we just wanna see the tracklist ASAP! "They don't have to be a psychologist - just people who are friendly, someone to talk to", he added.
- 2nd District is focus as Nebraska residents vote in primary
- The Crew 2 closed beta announced
- Deadpool gatecrashes Stephen Colbert's monologue to hit out at Trump
- Chelsea battle with Arsenal in pursuit of midfielder
- Patrick Vieira 'upset' with Arsenal over 'token gesture'
- Rise in Ozone-Destroying Chemical Despite Ban Puzzles Scientists
- Ronda Rousey eager for WWE title, baby 'someday soon'
- Ekiti Primary: Al-Makura submits report, attributes success to aspirants, delegates' conduct
- 4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince Announces 2018 Tour Dates
- Pliskova attacks umpire's chair after loss