Pakistan Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee Chairman Mufti Munibur Rehman announced on Wednesday.
Testimonies of the moon-sighting were received from various parts of the country, including Lower Dir, Buner, Nathia Gali, Abbottabad, and Quetta among other areas. Faithful will be offering long prayers during this month and will be donating huge amounts to seek Jannah in Aakhirah.
"The age of the new moon on the evening of Wednesday will be more than 26 hours in all cities of Pakistan", said the RHRC secretary-general.
The crescent for the holy month of Ramazan is sighted and the month of fasting will commence from Thursday, May 17 in Pakistan, ARY News reported.
Apart from Saudi Arabia, Muslims will start observing Ramazan in Malaysia, Australia, England, Japan, UAE, Gulf nations, U.S. and other countries across the globe on Thursday.
The sighting of the moon marks the beginning of the holy month of Ramzan during which Muslims all around the world will be keeping fasts from crack of dawn to dusk.
Tradition holds that it was during Ramazan that the Prophet Mohammed started receiving revelations of the Muslim holy book, the Koran.
The others are the profession of faith ("there is no God but Allah and Mohammed (PBUH) is his messenger"), the obligation to pray five times a day, charity, and the pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Chelsea target Mauricio Pochettino set for crunch Tottenham talks
- What do you hear: Yanny or Laurel?
- HOOPS HOAX: Man, 25, allegedly posed as teen to play basketball
- Michigan State Settles Nassar Claims for $500 Million
- BSNL rolls out Rs 118 prepaid plan to take on Reliance Jio
- Netanyahu: Riots on border are not civilian protests, but warlike acts by Hamas
- Ronaldo speaks on Neymar's transfer to Real Madrid
- NAFTA deal unlikely this week, but negotiations continue, Mexico says
- Maradona signs on with Dynamo Brest as chairman of the board
- How Retro, Samsung & Apple Back In Court Over Galaxy 2