Leaving the rumors and leaks aside, the alleged Samsung Galaxy A8 Star was spotted at the Wi-Fi Alliance with Android 8.0 Oreo onboard, but it also visited the Washington-headquarted Bluetooth Special Interest Group, widely known as the Bluetooth SIG.
While Samsung's Galaxy S9 is undoubtedly a solid and impressive device, the South Korean-based company faces the same type of challenges as Apple, which is to say that smartphone owners are upgrading their devices far less frequently than in years past.
"The internal atmosphere is not much different compared to past year for early launches", a Samsung official said. Again, this isn't a knock against Samsung as the smartphone industry as a whole has seen sales declines this year. The Bell claims that the S10's launch has been pushed forward to make room for its long-rumoured foldable 'Galaxy X' smartphone.
The India launch event for these handsets is slated for May 21, Samsung has started sending out launch invites of new smartphones which are touted to have Infinity display. If Samsung was to follow a similar launch cycle to 2017, the Note 9 should be unveiled in August and released in September. Additionally, the S10 will likely feature a fingerprint sensor under the display, along with a stunning display screen; the most impressive display Samsung has ever produced. The tenth anniversary Galaxy S10, on the other hand, is said to be making an appearance as early CES 2019 in January.
SAMSUNG IS REPORTEDLY PLANNING to equip next year's Galaxy S10 with a ridiculously-sharp display that'll blow the iPhone X out of the water. Given the two to three months time for assembly, we could very well see the first Samsung foldable phone by MWC 2019 in February.
As it stands, Samsung's Exynos chips are only found in Galaxy phones in certain parts of the world and select Meizu smartphones (Samsung's only client right now). Stay tuned for more news regarding the Galaxy X, including price, specs, and release dates.
- Facebook launches voice posts, two other features from India
- Ronda Rousey eager for WWE title, baby 'someday soon'
- Fortnite Blockbuster Week 3
- Pliskova attacks umpire's chair after loss
- ITC profit up 9.9%
- Rise in Ozone-Destroying Chemical Despite Ban Puzzles Scientists
- Bail for mom of 10 tortured kids set at $495000
- Deadpool gatecrashes Stephen Colbert's monologue to hit out at Trump
- Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ABR), CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBAY)
- WWE 'Smackdown' Up for Grabs as NBCUniversal Moves to Pin Down 'Raw'