An important caveat: In order to receive the credit, you had to have your iPhone fix done by an authorized Apple service location. It was first revealed late a year ago that iOS was throttling CPU performance on devices with worn-out batteries, something that Apple claims was done to extend device lifetime and prevent unexpected shutdowns.
The cost of a battery replacement outside warranty was A$119.
In addition to adding a new toggle to iOS 11.3 this year, which allows users to optionally turn that power management system off if they so prefer, Apple also changed its policy on battery replacements. It's not clear whether the credit will be applied as a cash or credit card refund, or some kind of Apple Store or iTunes gift card. Now all those who paid Rs 5,900 for the battery replacement are getting a chance to get Rs 3,900 back.
Apple will contact customers between May 23 and July 27 about the credit.
Those eligible had their battery replaced at an authorized Apple service location.
However, the aforementioned lawsuit has uncovered internal documents that show that Apple knew in advance that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were more susceptible to bending than their predecessors. There is still no word about what will happen after December 31 2018, as Apple only promised to offer $29 battery repairs through this year. Those not notified by August 1 can contact Apple Support.
- Australian woman sentenced to death for alleged drug smuggling in Malaysia
- Tiahleigh Palmer's Foster Father Pleads Guilty To Murder
- Lava Fountains Form From Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii's Leilani Estates
- Shooting at Oklahoma City restaurant; multiple injuries reported
- What does Meghan Markle's coat of arms mean?
- FDA warns teething medicines are unsafe, wants them off shelves
- Trump Says Kim Summit 'Could' Still Happen on June 12
- How an Indian woman's death led to a referendum in Ireland
- Trump considering 25 pct tariffs on vehicle imports
- Facebook rolls out new political ad disclosures