Since their defeat at home, Kolkata have come a long way and won in Hyderabad. The victor will join Mumbai Indians who became the first team to have won the title three times.
Momentum, however, is with the hosts, and in shorter formats, this oft-overused, non-tangible variable can potentially be the difference between the teams.
Both the teams won their games, now it is interesting to see who is going to lock the horns with Chennai Super Kings in Mumbai on Sunday.
Coming in to bat when Sunrisers were still below par on 134/6, Afghanistan's Rashid smoked two fours and four sixes to stitch together a 36-run unbroken eighth wicket stand off 11 balls with Bhuvneshwar Kumar (5 not out) as 74 runs came in the final six overs.
In the eighth over, Kuldeep (2/29) removed in-form batsmen Shikhar Dhawan (34; 24b; 4×4, 1×6) and captain Kane Williamson (3) to expose Sunrisers' weak middle order as the visitors clawed to 79/2 in 10 overs.
KKR beat Royals, to play Sunrisers Hyderabad in Qualifier 2 Batting first, KKR ended up putting 169 on the board and bowled splendidly to limit the Royals to 144/4, winning the match by 25 runs.
Bowling-wise, both teams prefer to field five frontline practitioners. In the 2nd Qualifier tonight at the Eden Gardens, they will take on table-toppers Sunrisers Hyderabad and the game promises to be a pulsating one. While KKR ticked all the boxes during the business end of the tournament with four wins on the trot, tabletoppers Sunrisers have slipped after finishing on top of the league table. The service charges a $7.99 per month fee, but also offers a one-month free trial, allowing cricket fans to watch the IPL elimination match for free simply by canceling the subscription before the one-month trial period concludes. Most importantly, Rashid is yet to dismiss Uthappa. Narine was ineffective as a bowler too but the likes of Kuldeep Yadav (16 wickets) and Piyush Chawla (13 wickets) did their job.
The Eden pitch has always supported the spinners and it is expected to be the same for the second qualifier as well.
The second encounter between the two teams happened more than a month later - on May 19 - with the need for win very different for the two.
- Ireland's abortion referendum divides country
- Baby dies after being left in hot truck at Nashville home
- 500,000 Routers In 54 Countries Hacked To Create Massive Botnet Army
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice, study says
- Ex-DNI James Clapper Calls Trump's FBI Spy Claims 'Distorted'
- Lava Fountains Form From Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii's Leilani Estates
- Rachel Dolezal Faces Felony Charges of Welfare Fraud in Washington State
- Canada explosion leaves more than a dozen injured
- NY judge orders son, 30, to leave parents' home
- Shooting at Oklahoma City restaurant; multiple injuries reported