Oklahoma City police were working late Thursday to piece together what happened when a man went into a popular Lake Hefner restaurant and shot two people.
The suspect has not been identified.
The mother and daughter were celebrating a birthday when they were injured, CNN affiliate KOCO reported.
When the suspect walked outside, "a bystander with a pistol" confronted him and fatally shot him, police tweeted. His body was discovered about 50 to 75 feet from the front door, nearly in the parking lot. "We don't know what he was going to do, so they put an end to a situation that was risky".
A shooting suspect is dead and others are injured after a shooting at an Oklahoma City restaurant, according to Oklahoma City police. A 39-year-old woman and two girls were shot and wounded, while an unarmed man broke his arm while trying to flee. No updates have been given on Alex's condition, but she's reportedly expected to undergo surgery on Friday. Dennis Will said he is grateful the civilian was there.
The two victims, both females, were taken to the hospital where they were recovering.
No identities have been released and the motive for the shooting remains unknown, reports say. Telephone and text messages seeking comment from Nazario and Wittle were not immediately returned.
The Hal Smith Restaurant Group owns the restaurant. "We have no reason to believe this is a terrorist type of incident", Matthews said.
"This is a blessing that it was stopped at this point, who knew when this guy was going to stop shooting people", Cpt.
In April, a restaurant patron wrestled an assault-style rifle away from a gunman at a Waffle House in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Sean Miller, other UA coaches cheer on Wildcats women's golf team
- Baby dies after being left in hot truck at Nashville home
- Bucks Player Plans to Sue Police Following Release of Tazing Video
- Cuffed Harvey Weinstein taken to NY courthouse on rape charge
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's wedding recreated by toddlers
- Lava Fountains Form From Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii's Leilani Estates
- Putin denies Russian Federation responsible for MH17 downing
- FDA warns teething medicines are unsafe, wants them off shelves
- How an Indian woman's death led to a referendum in Ireland
- Harvey Weinstein Finally Surrenders to Authorities on Sex Crime Charges