I know Scouts are an essential part of placing flags at local and national cemeteries, but who places all those flags at the hallowed Arlington National Cemetery?
Early Monday morning, flags will be placed at veterans' graves at Laurel Hill Cemetery and Peaceful Rest Cemetery.
On Sunday, the week of events began with a candlelight vigil honoring the memory of veterans and soldiers who have lost their lives to suicide.
Thomas Bagley, Sea Cadet, Petty Officer 2nd Class says, "I think it's important to honor the past military members, being a sea cadet, because they're really the ones who make me want to join".
Volunteers will meet at 8am on Tuesday (May 29), the day after Memorial Day. The girls worked as a team to produce grave rubbings, while troop leaders proudly took photos of the effort to remember the special pilgrimage. The gravesite flags will be displayed through Memorial Day.
Lerado Cemetery, Lerado and Pretty Prairie in Reno County, 10 a.m. - Featured speaker is Lt. Col. Trent Shepherd of the Kansas National Guard.
Those attending are encouraged to arrive early to facilitate parking.
With Memorial Day on Monday, stars and stripes now blanket Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Rochester, thanks to Boy Scout Troop 195. "They're honoring people they don't even know".
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- Northern Ireland at 'potential crossroads', Corbyn says
- IPL 2018: Hyderabad take on KKR in 2nd Qualifier today
- The Book on Sports Betting: The House Holds the Cards
- Latest Ontario Election Polls Show NDP Gaining Ground, Tories Stalling
- Oil investors fear Opec will turn taps back on
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Reading Public Library wins national award
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice, study says
- Silly App Store bans have gone too far with Steam Link