The 33-year-old, who scored all three goals in the Socceroos' World Cup play-off win over Honduras in November, did not speak with media after the match and is now due to link up with Bert van Marwijk's national side in Turkey.
And now, Sessegnon will be playing Premier League football come August, with Fulham fans undoubtedly hoping it will be with them.
However, two minutes later, Fulham were ahead.
He added: "After we missed out on promotion last season, a lot of people wrote us off".
Villa boss Steve Bruce made just one change from the goalless draw with Middlesbrough in the semi-final second-leg, while John Terry started at centre-back and Ahmed El Mohamady slotted in at right-back.
Teen sensation Sessegnon showed awareness and a maturity that belied his years to thread through Cairney, whose low first-time finish beat Sam Johnstone. "I'm happy with what my team offered today and how we played our football".
Villa will also be without Axel Tuanzebe and Jed Steer as both remain unavailable for the massive fixture, however, Bruce has also stated that he has no other concerns and will be able to choose from an nearly fully fit squad. "We've been the best team in the league and although we didn't get automatic promotion, we blew teams away". "In my eyes in the last two years we have been the best team in this league".
Both Villa and Fulham have enjoyed the services of English youngsters of African origin on loan from Premier League clubs this term, with Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur) and Axel Tuanzebe (Manchester United) featuring for the Villains.
Having previously taken Birmingham City (2001/02 & 2006/07) and Hull City (2012/13 & 2015/16) into the Premier League from the Championship, he is a dab hand when it comes to these late season pushes.
- Boy missing 3 months 'likely' found dead; stepmom in custody
- Shakhtar's Fred to move to Manchester United for Euro 50 mln
- Sensational Gareth Bale goal and two goalkeeping howlers hand Real Madrid title
- Brazil Star Fred Close To Sealing £50m Move To Manchester United
- Fulham 1 Aston Villa 0 - Matt Maher and Nathan Judah analysis
- Fans eviscerate Sergio Ramos for controversial tackle on Mohamed Salah
- Ayesha Curry says heckling Rockets fan 'bumped' her in 'pregnant belly'
- Snapdragon 710 chip brings AI to cheaper phones in June
- Madden NFL 19 Announced With PS4 / Xbox One Release Date
- Florida and MS launch emergency preparations ahead of Subtropical Storm Alberto