"I'm pretty sure the way we handled things previous year, we'll stay consistent with that", Curry adding, alluding to the fact Golden State was set to decline before Trump took the offer off the table. "If they don't want to be here, I don't want them", Trump said.
"We have other teams that are coming", Trump said, noting that the newly minted Stanley Cup champions, the Washington Capitals, would be invited.
President Donald Trump said during a wide-ranging but impromptu back and forth with reporters today that he won't invite the victor of the National Basketball Association championship series to the White House - no matter who prevails between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers.
"I don't feel you have to go to anybody's house if you don't want to", LaVar said.
Earlier this week, James said neither team would accept an invitation. "And if I find, and my committee finds, that they're unfairly treated, then we will pardon them or at least let them out".
"Instead the decision was made to lie, and paint the picture that these players are anti-America, anti-flag and anti-military", the Eagles' Malcolm Jenkins wrote in a statement posted to social media Tuesday.
"It's not surprising, hearing the news today with the Eagles", James continued. We had the New England Patriots.
Trump set off a firestorm Monday when he announced there would be no customary White House visit for the Super Bowl champions, alluding to NFL players kneeling for the national anthem and the ensuing controversy last season. "I mean, I'm not surprised", he said during a press conference, according to the Chicago Tribune.
"I think we'll have the Caps".
Curry concurred with James, saying "I agree with 'Bron".
Mr. Trump's attacks on kneeling football players always draw applause at his rallies and he has urged fans to leave a game if they see a player kneeling.
The WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx were not invited to the White House to celebrate their most recent title, something James called "laughable". "We get it at this point, but it's good that guys are sticking to what they believe in..."
- Durant expects to re-sign with Warriors
- Trump will not invite Warriors, Cavs to White House
- 'Stranger Things' Will Be Getting A Prequel Tie-In Novel
- Trump says he ordered his representatives not to sign G7’s final communique
- Xbox Release Date, E3 2018 Trailer, beta and more Microsoft updates
- Lotto Max to give away a record-breaking $112 million tonight
- United Kingdom calls on Israel to conduct ‘independent inquiry’ into Gaza deaths
- Rafael Nadal Wins 11th French Open Title
- Pentagon Releases ISIS Member in Syria
- The Queen has surgery to remove a cataract from her eye