Ivorian worldwide midfielder Toure had told France Football magazine earlier this week that he had questioned whether his skin "colour" had contributed to him being little used by Guardiola during City's record breaking run to the Premier League title last season.
'But when you realise that he has problems with Africans, wherever he goes, I ask myself questions.
Speaking to TV3, Guardiola said: "It's a lie and he knows it".
Guardiola and Toure shake hands. Image PA
Toure spent eight years at the Etihad, where he won three Premier League titles, two League Cups and one FA Cup title. He never told me face to face'. Maybe we Africans are not always treated by some in the same way as others. In Barca, some have also asked the question.
"He insists he has no problems with black players, because he is too intelligent to be caught out", Toure had said.
Toure previously spent two years playing under Guardiola at Barcelona, too, before he was sold to City by the Catalan coach in 2010.
The Citizens strolled to the top-flight title this season as they set no fewer than 11 records in England, including becoming the first team to crack 100 points in a single Premier League season.
- Lotto Max to give away a record-breaking $112 million tonight
- Rafael Nadal extends record with dominant French Open title
- Durant expects to re-sign with Warriors
- 200,000 trillion calculations per second: US launches the worl
- Trump will not invite Warriors, Cavs to White House
- You can now customize Gmail for Android's swipe actions
- Diagnosed With Parkinson's Disease, Anthony Bourdain Decided to Quit Rather Than Fight
- At a fashion show, Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade remembered
- Corker, Alexander help introduce legislation to require Congressional approval for Trump tariffs
- 'Stranger Things' Will Be Getting A Prequel Tie-In Novel