"Like every grand prix there's not one person to dedicate it to", said Vettel.
As it turned out, Harlow's error had little impact on the race, although it did prompt an irritated radio message from radio message from race leader Sebastian Vettel.
Putting Ferrari on pole in Montreal for the first time since 2001 with a track record time, Vettel had powered into the lead and was never challenged as he charged home seven seconds clear of Mercedes's Valtteri Bottas.
Australian Daniel Ricciardo, victorious in Monaco two weeks ago, was sixth in the second Red Bull as his team-mate Verstappen, who had been fastest throughout practice, continued to deliver a flawless riposte to his critics.
Vettel, who stuck his Ferrari vehicle on pole position with a stunning performance in qualifying by breaking the lap record with a 1:10.764, will be starting on the ultrasoft compound and said it never crossed their mind to think otherwise.
Verstappen and Hamilton will line-up on the second row of the grid on Sunday.
After falling behind Ricciardo during those stops, Hamilton was then vulnerable to Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari also getting ahead of him when the Finn stopped much later in the race, but he hung on to fifth place as Raikkonen emerged from the pits just behind him at Turn 2.
"We thought the chance of having cars to overtake at the beginning would be likely". However, Bottas felt sure that Mercedes had made the right call.
The top four all lapped inside the one minute 11 seconds mark. "The laps weren't great laps". He was able to match Ricciardo, who finished fourth, and chased him down but with a one-stop race, tyre management to the fore and the difficulty the current cars present in closing he was - as were all of the front six - forced into what proved to be a procession.
Hamilton was disappointed with his qualifying performance in Montreal today.
"We knew that, in general, we're lacking power, so we just try to compensate with that", said Verstappen. Our single lap was good too, but today it just didn't come together.
"Yesterday the vehicle balance was great into Turn Ten", he continued, "and usually the last sector is my strongest at this track, but I was just struggling with massive bumps into Turn Ten". "I think it would have been a close fight for the pole with the new engine".
"It's a good result, although it's not flawless to start behind the Ferrari", he continued.
- We Agreed on Fostering Greater Economic Partnership With China - Putin
- At a fashion show, Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade remembered
- The Queen has surgery to remove a cataract from her eye
- INFINITE With Surprise Trailer at E3 — Microsoft Reveals HALO
- 200,000 trillion calculations per second: US launches the worl
- Vince Vaughn Arrested for DUI (Report) | Vince Vaughn
- Kingdom Hearts III To Release on January 29th, 2019
- Donald Trump says National Basketball Association champs won't be invited to the White House
- Corker, Alexander help introduce legislation to require Congressional approval for Trump tariffs
- Theresa May slams 'UNJUSTIFIED' Trump tariffs as TRADE WAR with European Union looms