The 27-year-old, who could also decide to shun any suitors and extend his four-year stay with Atletico Madrid, is set to announce his intentions before France begin their World Cup campaign against Australia next Saturday.
Last season, Antoine Griezmann was superb for Atletico Madrid after helping the Spanish club to win the 2017/18 Europa League title. Barca hope to sign him on July 1, when his release clause drops to €100 million, while Atletico are trying to convince him to stay by offering an improved contract.
France travel to the World Cup on the back of a surprising 1-1 draw with the U.S. in Lyon on Saturday night, but Griezmann reckons there's no need for his teammates to panic, and says their preparation for Australia starts now.
Barca's pursuit has angered Atletico, who in December reported them to Federation Internationale de Football Association for making an alleged illegal approach and followed up with a statement in May that said "enough is enough".
"It is good that you are following [the situation]", Griezmann told reporters after the 1-1 draw. "I know there's a lot of expectation, but today is not the day [to speak about my future]", he said reading from a pre-prepared statement.
France won the 1998 World Cup on home soil in a memorable tournament.
"The World Cup for France starts on Saturday, there is still time".
- Manchester United And Liverpool Targets Not Considered Unavailable At Lazio
- Wilder, Joshua agree fight deal
- Tesla Roadster 'SpaceX' package to get rocket thrusters?
- United States lauds its ties with Taiwan on dedication of new office
- Trump G7 tweets 'sobering and depressing': Merkel
- Key four areas mentioned in the US-North Korea signed document
- ICC overturns ex-Congo VP Bemba's war crime convictions
- DUP to back Theresa May over Brexit amendments
- Bruce Springsteen on the Tony Awards
- Domino’s Pizza Repaves Potholes In Milford, Delaware