"In fact, you can get pancakes with your burger at the same time so you don't even have to choose", he said.
Yep, it's no longer International House of Pancakes. Or are you like a lunch place with just burgers?
"We want to convey that we are taking our burgers as seriously as our pancakes", Darren Rebelez, president of IHOP, said to CNNMoney.
The burgers come with unlimited fries and drinks, the chain says, though there's no explanation for which of these selections is strictly "international".
The company revealed the new name on its Twitter account Monday after teasing the change last week. IHOP's same-restaurant sales - or sales at locations open at least a year - declined 1.9 percent in its most recent fiscal year. IHOP's new marketing campaign is aiming to erase the idea that the restaurant is only for breakfast. People admitted on social media that they weren't quite positive about the name change, though.
Big changes are in store for the popular breakfast spot, IHOP.
Professional baseball team the Philadelphia Phillies went to the trouble of making its own name change announcement video that turns the MLB franchise into the "bhillies". "Like that, but our cheeseburgers are still better".
Other breakfast joints, too, tweeted out thinly veiled critiques of IHOP in the wake of the restaurant's news.
- As Trump attacks, Canada goes to Plan B: same as Plan A
- What Game Were You Most Excited by From EA's 2018 E3 Conference?
- Pistons name Dwane Casey as new head coach
- Owners of Elon Musk's 'Not A Flamethrower' are incinerating everything
- Net Neutrality Officially Expired. Now States Are Passing Their Own Laws
- G7 row: Emmanuel Macron attacks Donald Trump's 'fits of anger'
- Rafael Nadal explains taping on his wrist during French Open quarter-final
- Donald Trump Reveals Larry Kudlow Suffered a Heart Attack
- White House economic adviser Kudlow suffers heart attack
- Neymar pays tribute to Romario after equaling goals record