Kane says the current squad will bring a fresh approach to this summer's World Cup, though, saying: "The aim is to be aggressive and fearless in possession".
Southgate's team, who face Belgium, Tunisia and Panama in Group G, head to the World Cup having failed to live up to expectations at recent tournaments, with the 1966 world champions last reaching the quarterfinal stage at Germany 2006. "We have personal support, team support and official protocol in place".
There has been a positive around Gareth Southgate's squad in the build-up to Russian Federation 2018 - something Southgate, on the eve of England's departure to the World Cup, is keen to capitalise on in the coming weeks. We've spoken at length this week about how we're really proud to represent everybody but really the guy next to you is the most important one going into this tournament.
"I want to score in tournament football, it's something I want to change", he says.
The Spurs striker was named as Gareth Southgate's captain for the 2018 World Cup over the likes of Liverpool's Jordan Henderson and his new-found role of responsibility means that he will be key to ensuring that the squad play harmoniously.
"I've talked before about there being a disconnect between the supporters and the team and I've felt that there's different ways to bridge that".
Harry Kane says England will be "aggressive and brave" during this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation.
"We know we are not the finished article, in fact we're a long way from, but I think people see signs of progress and enjoy watching us and the manner in which we try to play". We are our own team, we have our own identity and we just have to look forward and enjoy it.
- Ethiopia PM meets Sisi as Egypt seeks mutual cooperation
- Trump and Kim Signed Something in Singapore. Here's What It Says
- ‘Starlink: Battle for Atlas’ Gets New Gameplay Trailer for E3
- Fallout 76 - Official E3 Trailer
- Quake and ash eruption hit Kilauea volcano
- Amazon Prime rolls out new Whole Foods discount in North Carolina stores
- Bob Baffert's incredible training job helps WinStar Farm win the Triple Crown
- Deontay Wilder agrees to fight Anthony Joshua in world heavyweight unification fight
- Ubisoft Shares New Screenshots For Tom Clancy's The Division 2
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Even More Games, Including Fallout