Real Madrid are not the only club looking to hijack United's interest in the midfielder. A final day defeat at the hands of Inter Milan also made sure that Lazio will not be featuring in the Champions League next season, thus diminishing the club's pull even further.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is reported to be signing for United this summer. Apart from his contribution in front of goal, the player also impressed with his defensive abilities, and his exploits have unsurprisingly caught the attention of some big clubs across Europe - the most prominent being Manchester United and Real Madrid.
It is believed the team behind that approach was either Juve or United, both of whom have been admirers of Milinkovic-Savic for a while.
Florentino Perez is set to make some big changes to the Real Madrid squad this summer, with the squad set to be overhauled.
It is unlikely that Milinkovic-Savic's future will be sorted before the end of the FIFA World Cup, where he is one of the players to watch. Midfield is a priority as well, with the futures of Mateo Kovacic and Toni Kroos up in the air, and Luka Modric in the twilight years of his career.
In fact, according to reports in Il Messaggero Los Blancos are willing to offer a further £18 million in performance-related bonuses.
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 teases Jade as the villain
- Trump and Kim Signed Something in Singapore. Here's What It Says
- Neymar's stunning World Cup warning in Brazil romp
- Amazon Prime rolls out new Whole Foods discount in North Carolina stores
- DUP to back Theresa May over Brexit amendments
- Tesla Roadster 'SpaceX' package to get rocket thrusters?
- Knife attack on Shinkansen kills 1, injures 2 in Kanagawa：The Asahi Shimbun
- Jaguar Land Rover moves Discovery production from Solihull to Slovakia
- Gareth Southgate hopeful England's play will bridge gap to the fans
- Manuel Fernandes: I don't see Ronaldo anxious about his future