Beginning the conference on a high note a new trailer was shown for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
A number of Square Enix titles have already been revealed at some of the other showcases including Kingdom Hearts III and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It's scheduled to launch on PlayStation 4 and Steam, and features a blend of live action cutscenes with brutal melee combat, all starring a deaf protagonist in a gritty urban setting. Babylon's Fall is also new. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, a new game in the Life is unusual universe, and the Xbox version of Nier: Automata were also announced yesterday, stripping today's presentations of any real excitement. The Quiet Man is a weird pitch but a new IP, which I will always approve of.
While Square Enix's showcase was ultimately disappointing, it's all their own doing. The bad news? Square Enix is keeping quiet on details until August. There will also be a crossover event with Brave Exvius. Additionally we saw the Kingdom Hearts III trailer we saw at the Microsoft event yesterday, along with a deeper look into Captain Spirit, which looks cute, but I find it hard to get super excited about.
Plus, I am just really bitter that we didn't see a remastered collection of Legacy of Kain, particularly Defiance. Square Enix's conference, meanwhile, was supposed to show the publisher back to their best, but instead it showed them at their most complacent.
- North Korea summit: How Trump will communicate, negotiate with Kim Jong Un
- Skull And Bones New Trailer E3 2018 "Piracy Is Dead"
- Fast food chains are savagely shading IHOP's name change
- Trump pulls out of joint G7 statement, calls Trudeau "weak"
- As Trump attacks, Canada goes to Plan B: same as Plan A
- Hundreds killed as Saudi coalition closes in on rebel enclave
- Donald Trump Reveals Larry Kudlow Suffered a Heart Attack
- Jurgen Klopp makes big Alisson decision after Roma name price
- Owners of Elon Musk's 'Not A Flamethrower' are incinerating everything
- What Game Were You Most Excited by From EA's 2018 E3 Conference?