Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be available on December 7, 2018.
Nintendo gave players a closer look at "Super Smash Bros.: Ultimate" for the Switch on Tuesday. Called Super Smash Bros Ultimate, the game includes every character that has appeared in any edition of Super Smash Bros - that's more than 60 fighters.
GameCube controllers will be compatible by using a GameCube adaptor.
During Nintendo's E3 Direct, Nintendo released a TV spot-esque trailer featuring four-player co-op between one and two systems, even showing minigame maps being altered by the physical placements of the consoles on a table. Some of the mini-games also can utilize multiple Switch screens, which isn't too surprising as it was patented earlier this year.
Nintendo announced a slew of other games for the Switch: Daemon x Machina, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Overcooked 2, and Killer Queen Black. One of the games shown off Super Mario Party. Joining Fortnite in this immediate-launch party is the hugely popular indie metroidvania game Hollow Knight.
- Square Enix E3 2018: The Five Biggest Announcements
- Wilder, Joshua agree fight deal
- Donald Trump meets Kim Jong Un
- Fallout 76 - Everything You Need to Know
- Bruce Springsteen on the Tony Awards
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Officially Revealed With New Trailer; Release Date Confirmed
- Trump G7 tweets 'sobering and depressing': Merkel
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner earned a stunning amount a year ago
- Super Eagles arrive in Russian Federation
- Deontay Wilder agrees to fight Anthony Joshua in world heavyweight unification fight