Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker embrace after their fight in Cardiff.
Location seemed to be the largest stumbling block in the talks between the fighters" camps as both men wanted home advantage and "AJ' has seemingly won out after admitting that he'd be happy to take a lesser purse to have the contest take place in the UK.
Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua have agreed terms for a heavyweight unification bout which will take place at a British venue later this year, ESPN reported on Monday. A Joshua-Wilder fight on the service would raise its now nonexistent American profile, but it would also limit the US revenue for the bout.
"We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the U.K. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the U.K.", Finkel said.
Hearn contacted Joshua this morning to discuss the latest developments with the deal, and is waiting to see whether Wilder will sign for the next fight with Joshua, who is also close to a WBA mandatory title defence against Alexander Povektin.
"It's obviously the fight we want". On Monday night he posted: 'The $50M offer for Joshua to fight me next in the USA is still available to him if he wants it.
If the fight is confirmed, it will be the biggest bout seen in the division in years. "Hopefully, we'll get an answer in the next couple days", Finkel said.
Yet it appears a breakthrough has come in negotiations between IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua and WBC title holder Wilder.
Although Finkel wouldn't specify how much money Wilder would earn, Hearn has made two previous offers of $12.5 million and $15 million.
"We have agreed to the terms that [Joshua promoter Eddie Hearn] has put out to us for a fight in the UK", Finkel said. We've got to speak to them about what date suits them. Joshua holds the other heavyweight belts and is 21-0 with 20 knockouts. It's up to them to choose U.S. or UK.
The victor of the first fight will become the undisputed heavyweight champion.
The offer also includes a rematch clause, which Joshua and his team insisted on, and Wilder is happy to accept that also.
- Bob Baffert's incredible training job helps WinStar Farm win the Triple Crown
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 teases Jade as the villain
- Manchester United And Liverpool Targets Not Considered Unavailable At Lazio
- Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson Engaged After A Month
- Square Enix E3 2018: The Five Biggest Announcements
- Amazon Prime rolls out new Whole Foods discount in North Carolina stores
- Jaguar Land Rover moves Discovery production from Solihull to Slovakia
- Trump and North Korea’s Kim share historic handshake as summit begins
- Fallout 76 - Everything You Need to Know
- De Niro apologises to Canada for Trump's 'idiotic behaviour'