Williams said: "I'm so happy and excited to be going back to Russian Federation for such a unique performance".
The "Angels" icon will perform to a crowd of 80,000 people at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium on Thursday, shortly before the opening game between Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia.
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) said this year's opening ceremony will have a "slightly different format", focusing on "musical acts and will take place much closer to kick-off".
Read on for a look at what to know ahead of the opening ceremony.
"Please understand that the track list for the opening ceremony of the 2018 Fifa World Cup has been agreed between the artists, Fifa, and the local organising committee, who would like to keep this as a surprise for the public until the show". There has been no mention of a performance of the official World Cup song, Live It Up, featuring film star Will Smith, Colombia-based pop star Nicky Jam, and Kosovan singer Era Istrefi.
Federation Internationale de Football Association says it approved a new formula which rewards teams for playing more games, and it takes effect in the post-World Cup ranking on July 19.
Shaikh Khalifa took part in a meeting of heads of continent's federation chaired by the FIFA chief Gianni Infantino.
- Not dead yet: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 returning for 2019
- Virginia Primary Voter Guide
- AT&T to close Time Warner purchase by June 20: attorney
- Justify claims Triple Crown with win at Belmont Stakes
- Pre-cut melon cause of multistate salmonella outbreak — CDC
- Victor Lindelof makes surprise Jose Mourinho claim before World Cup
- Goldman Sachs predicts Brazil will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Police among four arrested after Iraq ballot fire
- Verstappen answers critics by topping Montreal practice
- Taliban Kills Afghan Officials As Government's Ceasefire Kicks In