Police say a man is holding two people hostage in an office in central Paris. A pregnant woman also managed to escape and was being treated for shock by ambulance services on the scene.
There were two people taken hostage, according to initial reports.
Witnesses said the man claimed to be in possession of a gun and bomb.
Entering the building located on Rue des Petites Écuries around 4 p.m., the man pretended to be delivering food.
Police said the incident was not believed to be terror-related.
The man was described as "determined and violent" by police, who surrounded the building where three hostages were being held on Tuesday.
Anti-terrorist police are surrounding the Mixicom computer store in the French capital's 10th arrondissement, close to the Gare du Nord Eurostar hub.
According to reports he had demanded to be put in contact with the Iranian ambassador in Paris and that he didn't want any police cars in the vicinity.
- Kate Middleton Dresses Princess Charlotte to Match Her Style
- Tesla lays off thousands of workers in corporate restructuring
- Taliban Kills Afghan Officials As Government's Ceasefire Kicks In
- Super Mario Party - Official Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018
- GameCube Controllers For Nintendo Switch Leaked
- IL police officer saves child running along busy road
- Bacteria Grows On Kitchen Towels, But Health Risks May Be Overblown
- New Spider-Man Gameplay Trailer Teases the Sinister Six
- Paris on lockdown as 'armed man takes hostages'
- Real Madrid Appoint Surprise Choice As New Manager