Hell, we're certain that Trump couldn't give a crap about having flawless grammar and it should be noted that De Niro did take the first verbal shot in their recent war of words, but if you're ever going to have a pop at someone's intelligence, make sure that you get it right on your own end.
"I watched him. and truly believe he may be "punch-drunk", he said.
"I wanna say, 'F-k Trump, '" the Oscar victor exclaimed while many audience members at New York's Radio City Music Hall stood up and applauded. "It's no longer 'Down with Trump, ' it's 'F-k Trump'".
What did De Niro say exactly that would take away from the attention the president's historic summit received?
In fairness De Niro was pretty aggressive on the Tony stage, taking time away from the biggest awards show for Broadway with his curt, but pointed attack at the president.
Hours later, Trump addressed the actor in a tweet.
De Niro's first prominent act of speaking out against Trump arrived in a PSA video preceding the presidential election in October 2016, when the actor called Trump a "dog", a "mutt", a "con", and an "idiot", and said of then-candidate Trump, "I'd like to punch him in the face". De Niro, who's been cameoing as Robert Mueller on Saturday Night Live, was in Toronto today to open his new restaurant with celebrity chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Canadian Nobu. "It's a disgrace. And I apologize to [Canadian Prime Minister] Justin Trudeau and the other people at the G7".
Find Trump's tweet and De Niro's latest comments below.
- UK's Theresa May says Russian Federation must change before it returns to G8
- Police among four arrested after Iraq ballot fire
- Pre-cut melon cause of multistate salmonella outbreak — CDC
- Toronto Raptors Hire Assistant Nick Nurse To Replace Dwane Casey
- Verstappen answers critics by topping Montreal practice
- JUST IN: Real Madrid appoint new coach, Julen Lopetegui
- Tesla lays off thousands of workers in corporate restructuring
- AT&T to close Time Warner purchase by June 20: attorney
- Armed man takes hostages in Paris
- Kate Middleton Dresses Princess Charlotte to Match Her Style