That last point is a reference to another of the deals he has announced in the last 24 hours: the sale of the remaining United Kingdom broadcast rights for 2019-22, with BT buying a package that will allow it to show all five games from one of the split weekends.
However, all three divisions of the English Football League (EFL) will remain unchanged, with a full programme of fixtures taking place on each of the weekends where there is a break.
To make the plan work, FA Cup fifth-round matches will be played midweek, and be settled on the night through extra time and penalties.
Meanwhile, should Aston Villa and West Brom gain promotion to the Premier League next season, they could also partake in the stoppage of games through the period.
"This is not seen to be a way and won't be [of making money]", said Martin Glenn, the chief executive of the Football Association.
The two week-break will be having five matches on the first weekend and five matches the following weekend.
Image Manchester City celebrate winning the Premier League in 2017-18
"Today's announcement proves that football can come together for the good of the game".
"When the Premier League was formed in 1992 nobody could have envisaged the scale of worldwide growth in the competition which exists now", said Premier League Executive Chairman Richard Scudamore.
"We have also found a way to give the players a much needed mid-season break, whilst keeping the much-loved Christmas schedule in place".
FA chief executive Martin Glenn revealed while addressing councillors on May 30 that an agreement was close, and now the adjustment has been confirmed, and he hopes it will have a positive impact on England's senior team.
There are now no plans for the EFL to follow suit and a similar rest period for Championship, League One and League Two players is not on the agenda.
- Sarfrazs career-best 89 helps Pakistan beat Scotland in first T20I
- Virginia Primary Voter Guide
- Kevin Durant Just Made A Shocking Statement About His Future
- USA unveils new ‘embassy’ in Taiwan amid strained China ties
- JUST IN: Real Madrid appoint new coach, Julen Lopetegui
- Woman dragged into lake and killed by alligator while walking dogs
- Real Madrid Appoint Surprise Choice As New Manager
- Police among four arrested after Iraq ballot fire
- Verstappen answers critics by topping Montreal practice
- Armed man takes hostages in Paris