Moments ago, fans got their first look at Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman sequel; actress Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins shared stills from the movie via their social media accounts. Diana Prince may not age like ordinary mortals, but Trevor surely does; so how come he still looks so fresh-faced all these decades after the first film, set in World War I?
The "Wonder Woman" sequel is officially titled "Wonder Woman 1984", a nod to the film's new period setting.
But the most revelatory thing about these images is that they confirm Chris Pine's return as Steve Trevor.
Judging by the people's clothes, Trevor is definitely in the 1980s... so this isn't a flashback. In addition to Gadot and Pine, the sequel's cast includes Pedro Pascal and Kristen Wiig in the role of the super-villain The Cheetah.
Filming for Wonder Woman 1984 is taking place in Washington D.C., Alexandria, Virginia, and in the UK, Spain, a d the Canary Islands. Rebecca Roven Oakley, Richard Suckle, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Walter Hamada are the executive producers.
The following contains a spoiler for Wonder Woman if you haven't seen it yet.
Yeah, that's Trevor looking like Huey Lewis and Wonder Woman faced with a bevy of screens (hint, hint, 1984) - all showing advertisements (which could tie in to Cheetah's wealthy character).
- Ivanka Trump´s 'Chinese proverb' tweet mystifies China
- French Farmers Plan to Blockade Total Refineries and Fuel Depots
- Trump Vs. G6 leaders on trade and climate change
- How Meghan Markle dared to break protocol at Queen's birthday parade
- Golf Roundup: Dustin Johnson reclaims world's top spot with St. Jude win
- Pundits Lament Poor Results of U.S.-N.Korea Summit
- Todd Howard: Elder Scrolls 6 is still a very long way off
- China hails its 'indisputable' role in outcome of Trump-Kim summit
- Donald Trump’s trade adviser apologises for insulting Justin Trudeau
- U.K.'s May Scrambles for Brexit Compromise as Tory Tensions Rise