The video was taken on Elvis Presley Boulevard near Graceland. She's such a nice lady, " neighbor Skylark Blake said. It was 95 degrees outside.
Temperatures climbed well into the 90's in Memphis on Saturday and the children, aged 7 and 8, said the kennels grew quite hot.
Cheeks admitted to traveling with the kids from Whitehaven to Collierville, which is a 35-minute drive.
Police say the children were not harmed.
Neighbors of Cheeks stated that she had recently purchased two German shepherd puppies and her actions were totally out of character.
She posted bond of $100 and the department of children's services is now investigating the family.
Cheeks said that she checked on the children periodically and they were later let into the back of the vehicle.
"I'm just so sad for the babies", neighbor Nikita Blake told the station. She said they were later allowed to ride in the backseat. "I couldn't see her actually doing that".
Cheeks was arraigned Monday and is due back in court on July 9.
Mrs Cheeks had also allegedly shut a seven-year-old child in a separate cage, both of which had an enclosed roof and only a small front-facing metal window.
- Immigration Deal Taking Shape in House With Deadline Approaching
- Anthony Bourdain's daughter performs in concert after his death
- E3 2018 - Devolver Digital Announce Updated Version of Metal Wolf Chaos
- Ariana Grande Joins A Long List Of Celebs Rockin' Incredible Engagement Rings
- Antoine Griezmann gets autographs from France 1998 World Cup heroes
- President Trump fires back at Robert De Niro after Tony Awards rant
- Not dead yet: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 returning for 2019
- White House releases menu for working lunch with Kim
- U.S. offers 'unique' guarantees to North Korea on eve of summit
- Pre-cut melon cause of multistate salmonella outbreak — CDC