Ford collaborated with Michelin to customize a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, with a GT350-specific tread pattern and different rubber compound to improve acceleration, braking and lateral grip. Under the hood is a 5.2-liter flat-plan V8 that delivers 526 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque with help from a Tremec 6-speed manual gearbox.
The most important updates for GT350 fans?
The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 is a special thing, with it's flat-crank 5.2-liter V-8 engine wringing out to 8,250 rpm. Six-piston front and four-piston rear Brembo brakes carry over, but the calibration has been revised, as has the calibration for both the three-mode stability control and the electric power steering system-all in an effort to improve driver feedback.
"It's a rewarding vehicle to drive on track for amateurs and pros alike, while making the driver feel like a superhero".
This morning at the M1 Concourse road racing facility in Metro Detroit, the Motor Company introduced the 2019 Shelby GT350 Mustang to a small group of media members. "It's confidence inspiring in corners and begs to be pushed harder and to take corners faster". The team also optimized the grille closeout thanks to the experience the team gained from the wind tunnel development of the Ford Performance Mustang road course racing cars and upcoming Shelby GT500 model.
But performance wasn't the only focus for the updated GT350, the cabin was updated with more amenities. Dual-zone climate control and a garage door opener are now standard as well, and available options include a HARMAN premium 12-speaker audio system and exposed carbon fiber on the instrument panel.
The performance auto will come available in Velocity Blue, Ford Performance Blue, and can come with factory-painted racing stripes in several different colors. Buyers can also opt for factory-painted racing stripes in high-gloss Shadow Black, Oxford White or Kona Blue.
Oddly, the revised Shelby GT350 will not share the reworked headlights, taillights, or digital gauge cluster that the lesser 2019 Mustangs received.
"The new Shelby GT350 is our ultimate track Mustang". What they can not opt for, though, is the same aesthetic or functional updates Ford made to the standard Mustang for this year.
- Justify claims Triple Crown with win at Belmont Stakes
- Verstappen answers critics by topping Montreal practice
- We’ll honour pledges made at ‘difficult’ G7, says Theresa May
- Armed man takes hostages in Paris
- Football authorities confirm Premier League winter break from 2019/20 season
- Cecchinato vows to prove French semi-final was no fluke
- AT&T to close Time Warner purchase by June 20: attorney
- Kate Middleton Dresses Princess Charlotte to Match Her Style
- Police among four arrested after Iraq ballot fire
- Victor Lindelof makes surprise Jose Mourinho claim before World Cup