De Niro got a standing ovation from the audience.
Thirty-six hours after De Niro drew a standing ovation by crying "Fuck Trump" at the Tony awards, the president responded by attacking the two-time Oscar victor as a "very low IQ individual".
"I guess he does not realize the economy is the best it's ever been with employment being at an all time high, and many companies pouring back into our country", Trump continued, adding, "Wake up, Punchy!"
"First, I wanna say, 'f*** Trump, '" De Niro said in the bleeped telecast. Can you imagine Trump taking a punch, let alone throwing one?
De Niro apologized Monday - but on America's behalf to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, whom Trump ripped Saturday as "very dishonest and weak" after the USA refused to sign the joint communique from global leaders attending the Group of Seven summit in Quebec.
"Our baby-in-chief - the j--off-in-chief, I call him - has put the press under siege, ridiculing it and trying to discredit it through outrageous attacks and lies", De Niro said, comparing the Trump administration's attacks on the media to former President Richard Nixon's.
Though it often seems like a moot point to champion celebrities to talk shit about the president, it does in fact get to Trump.
In January, he also railed against Trump while introducing Meryl Streep at the National Board of Review Annual Awards Gala.
- Watch the explosion that occurs when lava pours into the ocean
- Justify claims Triple Crown with win at Belmont Stakes
- Verstappen answers critics by topping Montreal practice
- 'Nobody's Talking to You': Gutfeld on De Niro's Anti-Trump Tirade
- Has Theresa May only delayed her Brexit defeat by a few days?
- We’ll honour pledges made at ‘difficult’ G7, says Theresa May
- Police among four arrested after Iraq ballot fire
- Read The Joint Statement From President Trump And Kim Jong Un
- Microsoft Shows Game Play, Release Date for Metro Exodus
- Goldman Sachs predicts Brazil will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup