She later pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The 44-year-old actress faced charges earlier this year after police claimed to have found several small bags of cocaine in a wallet she had left behind on a flight at Washington Dulles International Airport back in January 2017. This is a warrant out of my arrest in Virginia. "What a load of HORSES**T".
She has pleaded not guilty to the crime, and maintains the drugs could have been planted as five hours had passed between McGowan leaving the wallet, which contained her ID card, and it being found by a cleaning crew. Weinstein has denied all the accusations.
McGowan's spokesperson confirmed to CNN the accuracy of her published quotes at the time.
Jose Baez, McGowan's attorney, told TMZ on Monday: "Rose steadfastly maintains her innocence". The "Charmed" star believes Weinstein framed her in hopes of stopping her from sharing her allegations against the producer. Her trial date will be set Tuesday at the Loudon County courthouse in Virginia.
Weinstein was indicted and charged with rape in the first and third degree and a first-degree criminal sexual act last month.
"It is now public knowledge that Weinstein employed underhanded tactics to "silence" his victims", she wrote.
"Imagining I'm going into sisterly solidarity, I can think of nothing more opposed to that, energetically, that I would want in my body at that moment", she said referring to the cocaine.
Her lawyer, Jim Hundley, declined comment to media.
- Good luck understanding Death Stranding after its new trailer
- Justify claims Triple Crown with win at Belmont Stakes
- Antoine Griezmann gets autographs from France 1998 World Cup heroes
- Salah remains doubtful for WCup opener
- Victor Lindelof makes surprise Jose Mourinho claim before World Cup
- Pre-cut melon cause of multistate salmonella outbreak — CDC
- U.S. offers 'unique' guarantees to North Korea on eve of summit
- Donald Trump Blasts Robert De Niro For Tonys Remarks: "Very Low IQ"
- Trump adviser apologizes for saying Trudeau has ‘special place in hell’
- Sarfrazs career-best 89 helps Pakistan beat Scotland in first T20I