Trump attacked the Canadian leader after withdrawing USA approval of the joint communique issued at the close Saturday of the Group of Seven summit in Charlevoix, Quebec.
Watching Trudeau's press conference from Air Force One on his way to Singapore, Trump took umbrage at the Canadian leader's voter-tailored message and angrily rejected the communique. "And I see the television, and he's giving a news conference about how he will not be pushed around by the United States".
Trump, as well as some of his aides, went on the attack this past weekend against the Prime Minister, throwing heavy insults at him after he refused to submit to the President's contentious tariff demands - mainly on steel and aluminum.
Bruce Heyman, who was USA ambassador to Canada during President Barack Obama's administration, called on Navarro in a tweet to formally apologize to Trudeau for his "insulting and inappropriate remarks".
Mr Trump said he chose to back out of the G-7 communique after watching Mr Trudeau's closing summit news conference, at which he warned that Canada would not be pushed around on tariffs - a point the Canadian prime minister had made several times before. We need support of the G-7.
Across a narrow table from them, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French Prime Minister Emmanuel Macron stand holding copies of a draft text, arguing their position.
"The picture with Angela Merkel, who I get along with very well, where I'm sitting there like this" - Trump said, crossing his arms - "that picture, I'm waiting for the document because I wanted to see the final document". "He'll learn, he can't do that", Mr Trump said.
Follow the Bangor Daily News on Facebook for the latest ME news.
- Pundits Lament Poor Results of U.S.-N.Korea Summit
- How Meghan Markle dared to break protocol at Queen's birthday parade
- Warm and dry tonight, storm chances rumble in for Monday
- Rose McGowan indicted over possession of cocaine
- Judge orders Angelina Jolie to give Brad Pitt more time with kids
- U.K.'s May Scrambles for Brexit Compromise as Tory Tensions Rise
- Narendra Modi nominates Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy for Fitness Challenge
- Donald Trump’s trade adviser apologises for insulting Justin Trudeau
- China hails its 'indisputable' role in outcome of Trump-Kim summit
- Sepp Blatter to attend World Cup as personal guest of Vladimir Putin