Speaking at a press conference after the signing, President Trump also suggested the USA would suspend its joint-military exercises with South Korea in exchange for denuclearization, calling them "very provocative".
Interested in North Korea?
Trump said, "We signed a joint statement that is an unwavering commitment to complete denuclearisation of North Korea".
It concludes much like a movie trailer, showing off its stars, "President Donald Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un in a meeting to remake history", and ending on the tagline "the future remains to be written". I think that's yet to be decided, but what we're seeing on screen is nothing but people saying, 'Look, let's cheer. The video then goes on to show Trump and Kim as two leaders of vision and destiny intercut with sometimes random clips of, for example, a basketball player making a slam dunk or white horses running through a stream.
Following their summit in Singapore, Trump and Kim pledged to denuclearise the Korean peninsula and work for finding a peaceful resolution to seven decades of hostilities between the two countries.
The North Korea leader added that the "world would see a major change".
Trump, who noted that he expected to meet Kim "many" times, said: "This is just a new beginning".
It was released to the media at a press conference on Tuesday.
From comments on their conversations to stifled interactions and awkward-looking photographs, we've rounded up some of the internet's hottest takes on Trump-Kim 2k18.
For his part, Kim said: "We had a historic meeting today and we chose to leave the past behind".
Footage from the event shows USA president and the North Korean leader preparing to take their seats on opposite sides of a dining room table at the Capella Hotel on the resort island of Sentosa.
And on condition of anonymity, a senior US government official told ABC News on Tuesday that the video is a USA government production.
- Trump Routinely Rips Up Documents He Is Required to Preserve
- Armed man takes hostages in Paris
- Kyrie Irving says signing contract extension with Boston Celtics doesn't make sense
- Donald Trump Blasts Robert De Niro For Tonys Remarks: "Very Low IQ"
- Argentina’s Pitana to ref World Cup opener
- Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition announced
- Trump adviser apologizes for saying Trudeau has ‘special place in hell’
- Goldman Sachs predicts Brazil will win the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Pre-cut melon cause of multistate salmonella outbreak — CDC
- Watch the explosion that occurs when lava pours into the ocean