Health care organisations like WHO, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Federation of Blood Donor Organisations (IFBDO) and the International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT), work jointly to organise international level programs to promote people globally.
"It is our family's privilege and honor every year to host the blood drive to remember and honor Vincent all the donors who gave Vincent blood so he could live long enough to meet our newborn son Jeremiah", Mindy Sue said in a video appeal on her Facebook page.
Every two seconds, someone in the country needs blood.
"As blood donors, we can make sure there is never a missing blood type", says Rick Prinzen, Canadian Blood Services' chief supply chain officer and vice-president of donor relations. "As we commemorate the 10th annual National Blood Donor Week, we thank donors for their vital contributions and encourage more Canadians to help save a life by donating blood".
Lily Dotson and her family know how serious blood shortages can be for patients.
Visit www.sanbs.org.za or call 0800 11 90 31 for more information or to find out where to volunteer as a blood donor. She said doing so can help prevent the possibilty of passing out during a donation.
Every two seconds, someone in the USA needs blood. You have the power to give them life! Blood donations go way beyond just the person who receives the blood. This is not just a Red Cross trend, but a challenge blood collection organizations face across the country and around the world.
"Out of South Africa's population of 56-million people, only about 1% donate blood regularly".
New Jersey Blood Services/New York Blood Center (NYBC) has declared a blood emergency. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides worldwide humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families.
In addition to this already thriving donor platform, the NZ Blood Service Donor App is undergoing some exciting changes that will become available on 14th June 2018.
- Panama ex-President Martinelli hospitalized, 'stable'
- Pompeo 'hopeful' North Korea will move toward denuclearization in Trump's first term
- Couple taking selfie on cliff plunge to their deaths
- Shy teen earns Golden Buzzer with soulful performance on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Cavs may have been swept, but, hey, free Taco Bell today
- American Toddlers Eat So Much 'Added Sugar' That They Exceed Adult Recommendations
- Africa's most famous trees are collapsing, and scientists suspect a changing climate
- Fed raises interest rates and signals faster hikes on the way
- The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077 Rumoured Easter Egg
- Huge Dust Storm on Mars Sidelines NASA's Opportunity Rover