"I know this is a big stage and there's lots of people here but you are here for a reason, so go for it and good luck", America's Got Talent judge Mel B told a visibly nervous Courtney Hadwin just before her performance.
America's Got Talent airs on Tuesday nights on NBC AT 8/7c.
Launching into Otis Redding's 'Hard to Handle', Courtney left the judges and everyone in the crowd completely speechless - jaws basically dropped everywhere. "You're like this shy little thing when you first came out. And then you sing, and you're like a lion", Cowell marveled.
Howie Mandel seemed equally impressed with her audition. "I mean, genuinely, incredible". Watch the video to see her awesome performance.
When the music started, the 13-year-old transformed into a mini Janis Joplin. "It was the first time Janis Joplin got signed". While Howie couldn't give Courtney a record deal, he did hit the golden buzzer meaning she will go straight to the live show rounds.
"I'm not Clyde Davis".
Courtney danced around on stage, belting out the lyrics, while everyone in the audience was shocked by the young performer.
But despite missing out on the title, Courtney's performances on the show earned her a string of rave reviews from a new army of fans on social media. "I had a dream that you pushed the Golden Buzzer!"
In 2018, she was a finalist on The Voice Kids UK, airing on ITV in the United Kingtom.
- Africa's most famous trees are collapsing, and scientists suspect a changing climate
- Breaking! Spain Fires Coach on Eve of World Cup
- Meghan Markle Officially Joins Royal Foundation Alongside Harry, William and Kate
- Scottish Nationalist Thrown Out of Parliament in Brexit Protest
- Panama ex-President Martinelli hospitalized, 'stable'
- Pompeo 'hopeful' North Korea will move toward denuclearization in Trump's first term
- Cavs may have been swept, but, hey, free Taco Bell today
- Proposal to split California into 3 states will be on November ballot
- Trump declares North Korea 'no longer a nuclear threat'
- Trump says he will stop 'war games' with South Korea