Seferi's unsatisfactory withdrawal sent the boos - and the occasional drinks bottle - cascading down from the upper tiers, but for Fury at least, it is simply a case of reigniting a career that still promises much. The caliber of opponents will keep on rising.
"I'll be better next time".
Fury (26-0, 19 KOs) is next scheduled to fight on August 18 in Belfast against an opponent yet to be named.
I will go back home and have pizza and then get back on it tomorrow.
Germany's Manuel Charr, who holds the secondary WBA title, is one potential opponent for Fury in the next six months.
The 6-foot-9 Englishman claimed to have lost 112 pounds for his comeback, and although he still has more to lose after weighing in at 276 pounds, he showed his boxing skills have not been eroded by the layoff.
Fury played to the crowd in the first round and looked a bit embarrassed when Seferi tried to rough up the former champion.
His corner made a decision to spare the Albanian from further drawn-out punishment by withdrawing him at the end of the fourth round.
Seferi did a good job of surviving, and Fury struggled to lay a glove on him in the second round.
The self-styled "Gypsy King" will step into the ring for the first time since 2015 on Saturday night to face Sefer Seferi of Albania.
"I'll have a world title by the end of the year". Fury was into stride and Seferi was pulled out of the fight before the fifth.
Seferi was seven inches shorter and almost five stones lighter than Fury, who used his reach and height to ensure there was never any danger of an upset.
But just boxing again seemed unlikely at times for Fury during a troublesome period away from boxing.
Fury has remained news while inactive due to a personal crisis that involved problems with mental health, excessive drinking, admitting cocaine use and serving a doping ban.
The ultimate goal for Fury is a lucrative all-British showdown with fellow unbeaten heavyweight Anthony Joshua but the 29-year-old remains patient as he aims to return to the pinnacle of world boxing.
- NCAA announces transfer, football redshirt rule changes
- The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077 Rumoured Easter Egg
- Shy teen earns Golden Buzzer with soulful performance on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Donald Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Needs New Lawyers Himself
- Pompeo 'hopeful' North Korea will move toward denuclearization in Trump's first term
- Download: Office 2019 For Mac Preview Released, Here’s How To Get It
- Breaking! Spain Fires Coach on Eve of World Cup
- Fed raises interest rates and signals faster hikes on the way
- Paul raccoon reaches roof after scaling downtown tower, causing internet frenzy
- Comcast Set to Move Ahead With Fox Bid Following AT&T/Time Warner Decision